Sunday, February 1, 2015

Kurios by Cirque du Soleil - Touring show

View from Section 103 Row B Seat 1
I know technically this is not travel.  But I do enjoy seeing Cirque shows when I go to Vegas so this was kind of like Staycation entertainment.  My 40th birthday just passed a few days ago and so this was a family affair in celebration of that.

I bought tickets to see this Cirque du Soleil show over 6 months ago.  Little did I know that it would end up falling on Superbowl Sunday and that my city's team, the Seattle Seahawks, would be one of the contenders.  Oops!







Kurios is one of the touring shows by Cirque du Soleil.  Two years ago we saw Amaluna at the same temporary tent location and enjoyed it very much.  So much so that we decided we would bring the kids, grandma and uncle along this year.


Overall I give the show 5 out of 10. The acts were on the less amazing and less interesting side than what Cirque is capable of for their shows that are rated a 10. Some of it was entertaining because of the performers hamming it up. The overall storyline and clowns between physical acts were better two years ago when I saw Amaluna.  My 5 year old was bored and asked a number of times when it was over and when we were going to leave. I was bummed because one of the trailers I had seen online had the use of drones costumed as floating lights and doing really cool choreographed aerial routines but that was not in the show.  :(

If you're thinking of going, try to snag a discounted ticket. We sat in the 4th row from the stage and I think a seat further back in the center section 200 level seats would have given a better overall view of all the things that were going on.  And there is a LOT going on as per most Cirque shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment