Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review - Encore Resort, Las Vegas

I've been waiting for Trip Advisor to approve and publish my review of my three night stay at Encore and, TA DA! -  here it is!

My Trip Advisor Review of the Encore Resort

"Long anticipated 3 night stay! Top notch!"

I've been looking forward to staying at the Encore resort for a while now.  It has always been on my list of places to check out but we always went with other options in the past.  I finally got to stay for 3 nights here in December and it was better than I was hoping it would be!  I have been making my way through a variety of Las Vegas hotels looking for a place I can consider my "home resort" and stop hotel hopping and this is it!

The hotels we have stayed with in the past are NYNY, Mirage, Vdara, Mandalay Bay, THE Hotel/Delano, Bellagio and on this trip we also used a comp room at Paris (but we did not sleep in it).

The check in line around 3pm was medium length but moved fairly quickly and I was with an agent under 10 minutes.  This was a very nice improvement and huge contrast to the 45 minutes we spent waiting in line to check in at the Bellagio on our previous trip to Vegas.  :/

My room in the Encore hotel was a Panoramic designated room which is to say that it was on one of the higher up floors.  We had sweeping views of the mountains in the distance which were lovely.  The house keeping staff keeps the rooms immaculate and they pay a lot of attention to the little details!  There are many decorative beveled edges on furniture and fixtures (easy to collect dust) and especially on black, dust is highlighted.  There was almost no dust to be seen and that was impressive!  (Bellagio disappointed me with their layers of old dust.)

Besides the incredible attention to detail from the house keeping staff, the room itself is gorgeous and very modern!  I believe they were just renovated earlier in 2015.  A mirrored wall does a fantastic job of keeping the room light and bright.  Artwork and decor around the room are sophisticated and tasteful.  The curtains are motorized and my husband enjoyed the blackout qualities of them very much.  Some hotel rooms leave a gap at the edges of the windows but that did not happen here.

The number one modern technology feature that impressed me was the inclusion of power stations at three different areas - at the desk and on either side of the bed.  Each power station includes two USB charging ports and two regular electrical outlets.  I also noticed an additional electrical outlet accessible on the base of the bedside lamp.  You will not lack for places to plug your electronics and devices in!  I always pack my own own power strip when I travel but did not need it at all this time!

The WiFi signal in the hotel was strong and I did not have any problems connecting or logging in.  You do need to log in each day which is a minor inconvenience.

I found the bed to be comfortable with a foam cushion topping a firm mattress.  The pillows on the bed are feather pillows which we were not too satisfied with after the 1st night.  I called for alternate pillows and they sent up a pair of foam pillows instead which were better.  Again, the house keeping staff who took my call and brought the pillows up were very attentive and timely and inquired if I needed anything else.

The mini bar is the touch scale charging system which I have come to expect in most all hotel rooms by now.  In case you have not encountered this before, all of the food on the counter and drinks in the mini bar are sitting on weight sensitive bases. As soon as the weight is removed, you have a few seconds to replace or it will automatically get charged to your room. Unless you really want to buy a $6 tiny box of gummy bears, my suggestion is "look but don't touch".

I was in love with the spacious and very clean bathroom!  The water pressure and temperature were very good - no sporadic service like other hotels we have experienced.  A pair of luxury bathrobes are provided for your use during your stay.  They are silky on the outside and warm & plushy on the inside though you could wear it inside out if you prefer.

In the hotel, we ate lunch at Wazuzu, the asian fusion restaurant and at Zoozacrackers, the Jewish style deli.  Both were good!  I've been to Wazuzu before and had been looking forward to having the authentic and delicious tonkotsu ramen again.  My husband tried the Drunken Noodles which I also had on my radar from seeing it on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network.  It also did not disappoint and was just the right amount of savory and spicy.  We expected the meal here to be on the high end and we were not wrong.  About $65 for two, ouch.

At Zuzacrackers I ordered the potato latkes as well as the matzo ball soup.  I enjoyed the potato latkes (potato pancake) very much and the chicken soup however the matzo ball, though tasty, was overwhelmingly gigantic and dominated the soup bowl.  Next time, I think I'll skip the matzo ball and just go for the chicken noodle soup.  We also had coffee with our meal which you can bring back (here or at the coffee shop) for a refill at no charge.  We found our deli meal to be somewhat reasonably priced under $40 for the two of us.

We also ate at the buffet on our last night.  The wait was very long and we came back multiple times checking to see how much less the wait was.  It went slowly down from 90 minutes, to 60 minutes to 45 minutes to 30 minutes.  We got in line at 30 minutes.  But the gal at the front of the line was off on her wait time estimate and it took us an hour to get through to the front.  :/  I think if we had known ahead of time that the line time was still actually very long, we would have paid for the VIP passes to get to the front of the line.

Overall I was really impressed with my entire stay at the Encore.  The atmosphere and furnishings are undeniably elegant, sophisticated and not over the top.  The employees here were all friendly and perform their job functions well.  Housekeeping and maintenance are on top of the high quality of the guest experience.  I'm really looking forward to the next time I am able to book a stay here again!


Room on the 60th floor.  2 floors below the top.
 
Sweeping views from the room. Loved seeing the mountains in the distance.

Entrance hallway with French door closet on left and extra large mirror on the right.

 
Bathroom to the left as you enter the room. Abundant towels and a non-slip bathmat are provided.
 
 
Tasteful and elegant bathroom. Glass enclosed shower with hand held wand and deep tub, no Jacuzzi.

Lots of towels, scale, hair dryer, makeup mirror.  Use the nightlight switch for dim glow under the cabinets.

Separate water closet.  Two bathrobes for your enjoyment during your stay. Silky outside, plushy inside.

Bedroom area to the left separated by a swivel TV and drawer space.


Side wall is fully mirrored to reflect light.


Raised cabinet with weight sensitive snack tray on top.
Inside are the mini bar, ice bucket, glasses and pull out storage drawer.
 
Comfortable king size bed.  Each side of the nightstand has a power center (below).
 
Hidden power center pops up and is flush when closed.  Two USB ports & two electrical sockets plus one on the lamp base.
  

Living area on the opposite side of the separation wall with swivel TV.

Desk and lounge couch in the living area.
 

 Desk and lounge couch in the living area.



Atrium on the ground floor of the Wynn Resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment